BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqtr5000 View Post
Hello people. Maybe I am missing something. The 718vs Z4 comparison looks good for journalists, always hunting for a story, but in reality... how can we compare the two? One is mid-engine, the other one is front! To me that's enough difference to set them apart. Yes, yes, the price seems similar (it's not, you realize that as soon as you step into a Porche dealership... ) and they're both small convertible but if you like driving you know how different the car feel because of that detail, where the engine is. Please correct me and put me in my place if I deserve so.
Well I like P-cars

Drive the COBRA more then the Boxster but its real hard to make a case for a street driven one against a street driven Z4 on an item for item purchase. You have to give up quite a few things to come even close to a Z4 M40's price.

BTW like the COBRA the Z4 is a Front mid engine car & the Boxster is a rear mid engine car.

Also I do as little stepping into a dealership as I can so the store does not do much for making me want to pay a premium for a fancy showroom.

Here Hendricks sells both BMW & Porsche along with most other high end brands. No real difference in the stores. One plus I will give their Porsche store is the meet & greet invitation I get every year to see the latest GTML 911 & meet the drivers before the VIR Oak Tree Grand Prix. That said I also do their BMW corral at the race.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0