View Single Post
      02-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #48
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The tech is completely sorted out. Adaptive cruise on every car I've owned that has it works fantastic, even my truck has it and I use it to drive across the country several times with no issues. Lane keep assist works great also in the few cars I've had it in. Blind spot monitoring has been around forever. All this tech works great. I don't know of any of the big automakers, except for Tesla, claiming ANY of these safety features = self driving car. You are making that leap on your own. As far as I know there are NO self driving cars or cars being sold as self driving cars on the market.

The only automaker that I know of that has bundled all these SAFETY features and called it Autopilot is Tesla. You are assuming that people are eating shit BECAUSE they have safety features. If we are going to go off anecdotal evidence then I see a shiton of people in shit boxes that sure as hell have none of those safety features eating shit on their phone. Maybe I spot those more often because they are driving more erratically than the shit eaters who do have the safety features.
So you actually prove my point.....it's one thing to "spoof" or "hack" a cell phone or DND or something else, but if you can do it to a car people can die. I am happy with my simple analog life thank you. My head is on a swivel when I'm driving etc. Enjoy your tech.
Appreciate 0