03-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #1321
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
Have a Sig Sauer P320 compact Romeo1 on order for 4 weeks now.
Hearing the word on the street is they are hitting the store shelves
This is going to be my first "optics" on any firearm.
Anyone rocking optics on a pistol? How you like it?
I have a (1 or 3.25 moa can't remember which) RMR on my FNX-45. Not really a fan. It's something you have to shoot with a lot to get used to. For most people anyway. When you have a RDS on a rifle, your eye is typically 4 to 10 inches away and the reflective glass is 2 or 3 times the size of the RMR which on a pistol is more like 20" away from your eye.

I believe you have to build up a muscle memory to get the red dot back into your sight picture quickly on follow up shots. Conversely, the front sight is always easy to see and track. So yeah, you can see the front sight through the RMR, but now you have to focus on the red dot and your target. Bang, now you change your focus on the front sight in order to find the red dot quickly and once you do, you have to transition to the red dot and your target.

For me personally, i'm much more proficient on follow up shots and quick target acquisition with standard sights. The RMR is cool, fun to shoot with and likely a useful tool with enough practice. But i've been kicking the idea of selling it around.