View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 09:41 AM   #62
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Even thought Adam Silver was on top of this since January (that's why NBA players were able to be tested so fast) it's really going to screw the league and salaries up.

As much as I love the NBA, in regards to salary, I'm not sure it's a bad thing. The contracts have become pretty ridiculous over the last few years.

I get why they earned it, but I also know for fans/people that can't afford to go to a game think, "This guy really earns $16k per MINUTE?!?!"
Yeah - it will mess up salary caps for the next few years since those are based on league revenues. Since revenues dropped really quickly this year, some teams may be way over the caps/limits for the following few years for contracts that have five/six/seven/etc. years left on them. The leagues will have to do something to accommodate for this problem. Either artificially high cap until it catches up or allow teams to dump contracts without penalty.