11-27-2021, 12:47 PM   #171
HokieBeemer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANXIX View Post
I just got word my Z4 will not have the touch screen. For those of you that have had this happen, what has the dealer done to make this right? Any other incentives besides the measly $500.
I seen this coming but I'm still pissed, and seriously considering going elsewhere
This has been such a bizarre situation. My dealer told me that the touchscreen issue only affected the X models and not the Z4. And she also told me that they have received the "fix" for the X models so that they can fix the touchscreens in the X models.

Something is fishy. It's almost like there is a disconnect between BMW and the dealers. Some dealers seem to say that they can fix the touchscreen on location, while other dealers don't seem to even be aware of that as an option.

I wonder if some dealers are just not wanting to deal with it and it's easier to just blame BMW, while BMW is actually making the fix available to the dealers who are interested.

The only "official" statement I've seen that touchscreens won't be offered on the Z4 was from a dealer...not BMW. And if you go to the BMW website and build a Z4, touchscreen is still an option.

There is more to this story.
Appreciate 0