Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
AW FUCK!!! I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!
I FUCKING JINXED IT!!!

http://planet-f1.com/news/3213/61748...New-US-Circuit

Quote:
Good news for, well, absolutely no one except the man himself: Hermann Tilke has been named as the designer of the new American F1 track in Austin.

Just hours after Bernie Ecclestone announced he had signed a deal that would see Formula One return to America, with Austin in Texas as the new venue, news has broken that Tilke will be the one responsible for the new track.

The German designer has already brought F1 the Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Shanghai and Istanbul circuits, most of which are sorely lacking in any excitement - although they do look good.

And now, for reasons many in the PF1 office cannot fathom, he's been put in charge of the new American track.

According to the Associated Press, race promoter Tavo Hellmund says the "more than 700 acres" of pure Formula One track will be "one of the finest permanent road course facilities in the world.

"Fans should expect the craftsmanship Tilke is famous for, with a priority placed on green building and a track similar to the great grand prix tracks of previous generations."

There is a spot of good news, though, as some reports claim Tilke's latest will be along the lines of Silverstone, Hockenheim and Spa.

But while fans may not be over the moon at the prospect of another Tilke design, the F1 teams are relishing a return to the States.

"Well done, Bernie," Williams team's chief executive Adam Parr told Reuters. "He promised he'd find a great race for us in the States and this is excellent news. We are a global sport and not having a race in America has been a big hole in the calendar.

Meanwhile, McLaren MD Jonathan Neale welcomed the news in a Vodafone phone-in.

"I saw the headline and whilst I'm not aware of details I think most of us in Formula 1 would relish the opportunity to go back to America. It's a really important place for us to be," he said.

"Our markets and our sponsors all want to operate there and Formula 1 has to do something about the package and the way in which we present it to make it acceptable to one of the world's largest markets.

"Without any expert knowledge on it - I'm not going to bluff my way through it - I'd say it is fantastic news if it turns out to be true and if we can make it happen."