View Single Post
      09-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #11257
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Good memory. Car locked on a hot day with my daughter who was 7 months old at the time. Diaper bag had my key fob and cell phone inside. Car was completely unresponsive. Strangers in the parking lot tried shattering all the windows. Finally, someone used a life hammer to break and remove the driver side window to save her. That was in 2015. I constantly think of that man whose name I don't even know. He saved her life. I know what would have happened if he didn't come running through the parking with that life hammer and I thank God for that man every week. I wonder if he ever thinks of us.
My wife fell asleep at the wheel (way before I knew her) and crashed into a ditch, took out a telephone pole and went through the windshield. A man came to her rescue, pulled her from the car and saved her life. She was life flighted and spoke of this man often.
Fast forward 20 some years and shes working emergency at an animal hospital. Sees the name on the chart and asked if he lived off such & such road back in the day. His wife said he had alzheimers and didnt recall much but it was the guy who saved her life and I lost my sh!t as she told me the story. The wife told of how he looked forward to the flowers my wife would send him every year....sadly he passed a few years ago but I will forever remember that mans name and eyes water anytime I say it in my head. Even now as I type this
Appreciate 12
ramman434712.00
Sara5791.00
wtwo317992.00
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615392.00
Joekerr7931.00
Dang3r12512.00
rebekahb3140.50