05-22-2016, 07:33 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc503 View Post
I actually ride on the newest gen Toupe Expert right now, while I didn't love it at first I am actually really comfortable on it now, so there's hope. Admittedly, my team deal is with Specialized, so I am a homer for them, so there's a chance I forced myself to just like one of their saddles after trying multiples within their range.
Well, there was a new development Friday evening when i put my bike on the carrier for Saturday's ride. Looked like the nose of the saddle was high so i put a board on it and a level and sure enough, it was high. Like 10 degrees high! Must have slipped during my Thursday ride.

So i leveled it out and did 60 miles on it yesterday in the hills. (Hills of FL, so only got 2600ft) My ass is sore, but an amount i expected from acclimating to a new saddle. Rode another 23 miles today and neither day was terrible. Especially taking into consideration that i went into yesterday's ride with my back side already beat up. I've got two days off for rest and then i get to ride it fresh and recovered on Wednesday. I'm thinking it'll continue to get better.

With as personalized as saddle preference is, i'm surprised to see so many people loving the Topue.
DrFerry6724.00