View Single Post
      03-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #85
dc503
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
One mis conception about PF is chasing the solve through shoes. This is typically related to a muscle imbalance which is usually from weaker hips, glutes and calves. Weight Training and bands is one of the best thing you can do. Landing also plays a huge role in injuries. Walk on a treadmill or in you house barefoot and focus on how you land. You will always come down on your heal. Now do the same thing but run barefoot. You will naturally come up higher on the ball of your foot but will almost never let your heel slam when your barefoot. Thats the landing you want to have with shoes. Focus on landing and strength training and I'm sure you will both beat it for good. Cheers Gents!
This is so dead on! I should have went into more detail, but there is a good amount of peripheral work I do to strengthen areas I had no idea had an impact on my whole chain now. I regularly do my easy running drills and workouts without shoes, probably the best thing I've done to help.

I haven't been this injury free in quite some time being diligent with the supporting work.