Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
A: EVs make sense when you're buying them because of emotion instead of logic.
Makes me laugh to see this on a BMW forum.
right?

"Hi I'd like a semi-reliable car with super mediocre MPG and insane depreciation"
My point is that it isn't about logic, it's about being "into it." You hear them... they're into the entire EV experience. Some are such fanboys that they'll belittle those who allegedly aren't evolved enough to buy an EV (yet).

In fairness this behavior isn't at all unique to EV culture. Some examples of the prevalence are RWD bias, MT bias, anti-SUV bias, German car bias, American truck bias, Jeep Wrangler bias, etc..

Emotion is driving their decision just like all of us. It's just that they may not share our same desires. 💡
Why lump everyone into one big group? That's no better than EV owners belittling others for not getting an EV.

Personally it made perfect LOGICAL sense to me when I got one. Yes, I did save money, I reduced wear and tear on my M3, I used the carpool lane to save time, and the ability to turn on the AC with my phone, not just the fan, but the AC, in hot California summer was one of my most convenient features. I'm sorry you don't see the logic, but that doesn't mean that other people in different situations can't see it either.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 3
mkoesel7511.50
David701567.00
yousefnjr6157.50