02-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #26
Stevej2316
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmnStig View Post
I have a frozen grey/magma red 30i and I am loving it! Currently have 2800 miles. I had been looking around for exhausts and since it is a relatively new car, and I do have 4 cylinder trim, I couldn't find anything. I was curious, so as soon as I hit around 2300 miles I did a muffler delete. All I can say is WOW. A world of a difference. The exhaust sounds meaner, it has an awesome growl on a cold startup, yet when the engine warms up it is quiet. Put it in sport +, and the burbles and pops are much more prominent, with acceleration sounding so much better (in both comfort and sports modes). Videos can't do it justice, but I'll post some pictures and a video after I upload everything to my computer. Loud when it needs to be, and quiet when I want it to be. It's not obnoxiously loud, as some cars tend to be after taking the muffler off. Cabin drone is obviously a bit louder, but nothing that should bother anyone (at least in my experience). I also changed the exhaust tips.

If anyone has been considering a muffler delete for the 30i trim, I highly recommend it.

In regards to future mods, I saw that another owner installed carbon fiber mirror caps and they look amazing! I might buy those in the future.
Would love to see or hear this. What was involved in the delete process? I have the identical car as you. Love it
Appreciate 0