TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
That is never how mag comparos work. The respective brands send their best for each segment. So until the competition package M3 arrives, C63S will go up against heavily optioned M3's.

W204 Black Series is competitor to the E92 GTS.
Correct, there's nothing wrong with comparing a M3/M4 to the C63S but don't tell me the C63S is the natural competitor to the M3/M4. Should we take a W204 Black Series and comparing it to a E9X M3? We could but would that tell us anything other than a more beefed up version of the C63 that costs a lot more is better than the M3? And heavily optioning a M3/M4 does nothing because none of those options really improve the car like the "S" variant does to the C63. The only thing you do is bring the price up to match the C63S. Ok you can throw on ceramics and on the track they're effective how much of a difference is there? If anything you don't want the options, aside from the ceramics, the remaining options are just electronic bells and whistles which probably add more weight than anything.

I can read any comparison between the C63S and M3/M4 and not have a problem with it because I know the C63S has the advantage here. Bit it's unfortunate we can't read about how the C63 in it's base form compares to the M3/M4 which would be a hell of a lot more informational. It's not like the C63 wasn't provided to the media, both cars were present but everyone chooses to pick the C63S to write and compare about.
Appreciate 0