01-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #23
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
The two Anova Ones I had were the original unit, which had a touchscreen display, no connectivity whatsoever and has been discontinued for a while now. The Anova Precision Cooker that is on sale now has the wifi or Bluetooth connectivity, I've never owned or used these newer devices. My understanding is that the newer Anovas actually downgraded the heating element to 900w (wifi) and 800w (Bluetooth), compared to the original unit's 1000w. The Joule has 1100w. This distinction may not matter to you if you're only cooking for a handful of people at a time but I have regularly cooked 12-15 steaks at a time in a large cooler so the extra heating power is needed for larger meals like that.
I have 2 of the original "Anova Precision Cooker" models with Bluetooth, but not wireless - bought them on the kickstarter when they decided to make them. They're good, but for doing the potatoes on Christmas day I had to put both in the same tub to get it up to 190 and hold it there - one on its own was increasing temp about .1 of a degree every 10 seconds - would have taken hours to get to 190. I am sure they have degraded because I have done potatoes at 190 before with just one.
Appreciate 0