Thread: Owners Gallery
View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #207
QueueCumber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: Z4 M40i; 997.2 GT3 RS

Garage List
I only drive my M40i in Sport Plus mode with S or M mode engaged for shifting. The throttle is very responsive and the steering is much more precise--The steering feels way too mushy overall, while simultaneously overresponsive in some ways and underresponsive in other ways, in the less aggressive modes.

I do feel that the power it puts down isn't always translating as well as I would like for road use. I do have the smaller wheel/tire size and perhaps the larger sizes help put more of the power down (but I would guess it ends up not making a numeric performance difference, since you're putting more power down but losing around the same amount due to the larger rotations).

That being said, the 488 has very similar characteristics to the Z4 M40i when accelerating in a straight line in terms of power and wheel spin from a stop, so I sort of like it myself. However, the steering handling and engagement, and turbo lag, are much better overall in the 488. I bought it as a GT and daily driver so it works great for those activities. If I want ultimate engagement, I jump into the analog 997.2 GT3 RS.

All said and done, there is a lot of headroom to make improvements, as an owner, with mods for the engine, drivetrain, and intake/outtake. That's pretty cool if you ask me, because in a year or two, if you're bored, you can basically make it a new car with mods.
Appreciate 0