09-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #286
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
I while I see the advantages of cutting the cord, the sacrifice in picture quality alone is what keeps me away. Perhaps I bias my choice towards the performance end of the spectrum rather than the cost end. I guess a lot of people either don't know or don't care about the picture quality difference and see streaming as good enough.
I'm the same with picture quality but also dislike how fast forward and rewind works with at least everything online that I have tried. Then I have TIVO and really like Commercial Skip, fast mode where I watch some things 30% faster and the ease of setting up schedules to record things when they happen to show up, then two TV's connected to the same box makes things simple to watch part of a show, turn on the other TV and immediately continue to watch.

I am generally pretty cheap but with cable and internet costing right at $200/ month assuming the Youtube / internet puts people at roughly $130?