04-15-2010, 04:32 AM   #27
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by domobrown View Post
Man, it won't be long for PES to supercharge this beast or someone to chip it! It is heavy, but so is the M3 isn't the lightest either. SMG clunks and S6 mode has my neck all out of line. S Tronic should fix that. And the interior!! M3 has a very nice interior as well,hopefully the RS5 falls into my budget of 75k. Otherwise, M3 here I come
In appeal and appearance the RS5 more closely mimics that air of superiority that the M6 gives compared to the M3, this is probably down to it's size being both wider and lower than the M3. One thing is certain, neither of them will match the sheer grunt of the M6, especially at the top end but both offer a wider breadth of abilities other than the more one dimensional M6 which majors on straight-line speed above every thing else.

I noticed that you might consider either supercharging or some other form to up the power up, this might be where the RS5 will score over the M3, having the benefit of spreading the power over both axles thus limiting the traction issues that could well arise for such possible increases in power.

The timescale might be the real problem as I doubt AoA will release it's prices yet, especially if the car won't be coming until 2011. Either way both are great cars and now that the M3 appears to over almost all of it's DCT issues then picking it isn't a worry.

Good luck with your choice.
Appreciate 0