Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
Ill agree with you on that ^^^

You are referring to Hondas like this :

And Im talking about Hondas like this :

You couldnt be more far from wrong on the engine stuff, K's will make 275WHP NA reliably all day... But I get what your saying you are not going to get 0-60 in 4 seconds.. And Hondas are not BMW's we were primarily talking about tech, performance and reliability...

My 2.0liter Turbo Sentra runs 15lbs of boost 12 sec 1/4 all day and its just as reliable as it was when it was stock... I dont break water pumps, fuel injectors etc ever and its 20 years old.

We were talking mostly about power and tech, Trust me I know a BMW is nicer than a Honda but thats no excuse for the problems..

Replace Honda with Mitsubish EVO they are 2.0 Turbo, Newer and do not have these issues and their 2.0t is faster than our 3.0T.

Anyhow I didnt want this to turn into a brand pissing match is just some of the fanboy comments in this thread just show how un-informed some people
are with engines and cars in general.. Go spend a few days at a road course or drag strip maybe SEMA... You would be suprised our BMW's use the same
kinda parts and tech that a ton of current cars use.. Fit / Finish / Handling and design is where they pull away big time, But engine tech is not much diff than the rest.

This thread is pretty much wrapped up we all get it, But in the end we love our cars... Ill give up a little relability even if its " NOT EXCUSABLE " its what we have to deal with.
These cars drive like no other and have soul, Im gonna go out for a cruise now with my son, Its 60 in NJ and sunny.. Hes only 4 but says " Lets take the BMW out
Yes, and they also use more fuel as well.

Again, the thing about japanese cars is, they can make a nice reliable vehicle, or a performance vehicle, but SOMETHING has to be sacrificed, in this case, it's the fuel mileage.

For german vehicles, it's the same exact thing, to get the most performance and fuel mileage as it's a daily, reliability is not all there.

Which is why I'm saying for the honda engine, I'm talking stock vs stock, no mods, no tunes, exactly as it comes from the factory. It makes about 230-250WHP (not all engines are the same) tuning/mods/engine work is a different story.

I much prefer to own a japanese vehicle as I don't have to worry about when my water pump is going to go, or what sensor is broken, but you gotta pay to play. Which is why you have the odd % of people who own a german vehicle is because they can afford it, and they love the cars they drive.

When you look at those who have hondas and build them, it's because they cannot afford a german vehicle so they like to shit on those who have one and say "built not bought" bullshit. I'm sure if they had the money, they would not have a honda.
Appreciate 0