View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #8
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Your experience is all anecdotal. If what you say is true, shops such as Louis Rossmann and Jessa Jones wouldn't be in business nor thriving in this climate. Fact remains that Apple charges top dollar for their hardware and it makes repair shops a viable option. Especially when many of the fixes Louis shows on his Youtube channel are pretty trivial once you see him do it and are failures due to piss poor design. If you doubt anything about what I'm saying, go on his Youtube channel and look through the myriad number of videos where he actually repairs broken laptops in real time.

As far as reliable, even Apple has put out a bulletin about the keyboards used on recent Macbooks. As Louis points out Apple knows this is a problem and is still using this defective part on currently shipping product.
I am not questioning what you are seeing, I simply think that aftermarket repair business for computer stores is a dying business... just like computer stores in general. Most people order their computers online (apple stores excluded as they have offered a 1 in 1 service experience where everything can be done) and everything that goes with it follows a new repair trend as well.... I don't remember anyone that went to BestBuy to buy a computer in the recent years; same with just going to a random repairman... i get what you are saying, I just do not believe 95% of people will care... and well that's enough for any of this to not matter.
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5149.50
c1pher4674.50