View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Just a hobby for me.

Went to the St. Pete Grand Prix and my dad gave me his old Nikon SLR from early 1960's. Had a nice prime and a great zoom lens. Bought some film and never using a SLR camera before proceeded to capture some really great images. got some nice panning shots with wheels and background blurry with the car tack sharp. Was even able to capture some panning shots where the cars were getting airborne.

About 5 years later i bought my first DSLR which was a minolta. Quickly realized i bought the wrong camera and switched to a 30D as it just replaced the 20D. Someone told me that you can come up with excellent images with a mediocre body and excellent glass. And get mediocre images with an excellent body and mediocre glass. So i jumped in with both feet and got 3 L lenses from 16mm - 200mm all 2.8. Haven't regretted it yet.

You learn so much so quickly, yet still learn something just about every time you shoot. And for me, the more i shoot the more i realize what a crappy photog i am. haha

I still remember the shoot where i actually captured the images i wanted to. Glorious day!! Prior to that day i would take hundreds of pics and find only 3-7 keepers, even with my less than discerning eyes i had back then.

Aside from some of my equipment, i am still very much a hobby photog. Tons of fun though!!