View Single Post
      09-02-2019, 03:51 AM   #65
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Unfortunately old Max came out for this race. He panicked and tried to get all of his spots back at once that he lost from the bad start.

I can understand that impulse. What I can’t understand is Max trying to continue racing with an obviously compromised/uncontrollable damaged car. That decision to me was unbelievable especially considering the events of the previous day. Max had already effectively ended his day and of course a couple of other drivers. He (and others) were extremely lucky he didn’t cause a much bigger incident trying to continue.

I’m also not Max basher either and I enjoy the races more when he is involved/using his head. I really think the officials need to penalize Max (and other drivers that make extremely poor decisions like this) in a way that makes him think a bit harder about going off the rails like this. As I said, he and others were extremely lucky he didn't hurt himself or somebody else. Trying to continue up to Eau Rouge with his car in that condition was mind blowingly stupid and extremely dangerous.

He just got way too amped up for his home race.
After watching the vid many times I am bewildered why Max received no penalty and continued with his car at race speed with broken suspension/steering on straight ahead instead of trying to pull of after the first Kimi contact.
Red mist is hard to justify for Max as he has only himself to blame.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913970.00