07-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #15
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
if you re really pushing at the gym, i mean really doing your best on any exercise you do, yes you do need it.. cause it really helps to recover the muscles faster.. only a full portion of BCAA post exercise ll be enough.. but if you re a guy that more likely talks at the gym than pushing your limits.. no need to use it.. at least your kidneys ll work less like that..

If you're talking about BCAA's being bad for your kidneys...I have to disagree. Not trying to be argumentative, but always up for some good discussion. I have studied protein, BCAA, and EAA supplementation extensively as my dad has Kidney Disease. Also because of how they can stimulate protein synthesis as well as dietary protein with about a 10th of the calorie impact for those in a calorie deficit.

BCAA's and EAA's are actually beneficial to those with Chronic Kidney Disease.

The nutritional status in chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients is a predictor of prognosis during the first period of dialysis. Serum albumin is the most commonly used nutritional marker. Another index is plasma amino acid profile. Of these, the plasma levels of branched chain amino acids (BCAA), especially valine and leucine, correlate well with nutritional status. Plasma BCAAs were evaluated along with albumin and C-reactive protein in 15 patients of early stages of CKD and 15 age- and sex-matched healthy controls. A significant decrease in plasma valine, leucine and albumin levels was observed in CKD patients when compared with the controls (P <0.05). No significant difference in C-reactive protein (CRP) levels was observed between the two groups. Malnutrition seen in our CKD patients in the form of hypoalbuminemia and decreased concentrations of BCAA points to the need to evaluate the nutritional status in the early stages itself. Simple measures in the form of amino acid supplementation should be instituted early to decrease the morbidity and mortality before start of dialysis in these patients.