View Single Post
      07-25-2019, 06:32 AM   #47
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
i caved and bought a long board a few years ago. i use it for trips to various stores within a few blocks of my house where i can stay off main roads.

i remember trying to teach my son how to ollie about 10 years ago...that did not...ummm...go well.
I guess it was about 10 years ago that my oldest son wanted to learn how to skate. For his birthday I bought him a complete element deck; he was so stoked. The rest of the family bought him pads, helmet, etc. I was on the board of directors to get a skatepark built in the small town that we live in. Once it was completed, I took the kids to the grande opening and we bumped into an old skate buddy of mine that was there to try out the ramps. Adorning business attire (I had just left work and still had on dress shoes and a tie) he handed me his board so I kicked it around a few minutes. As I was coming back toward him and my kids I busted out a 360 kickflip and my kids thought that was the coolest shit they had ever seen.

About two weeks after the eldest got his board, he wanted me to show him some tricks. I tried to teach him a 180 shove-it (simple enough I thought). Somehow on a trick as simple as this, I ended up on the back of my head and was concuss for the next 3 days. That was the last time I was on a board other than just to cruise around a little.
Appreciate 3
happyjack1657.00
Rmtt8208.00