Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyx///m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Who actually LIKES these huge grills? I've heard that it's primarily to the Chinese market who love the things.

Audi / Lexus have been doing this for a while and I always thought it looked hideous. I do hope that it doesn't spread to the entire line of cars.
Well, as a Chinese, me and most my frineds thought that grill is pretty hideous so...

On the other hand, the LCI 7 LWB sells well here, afraid of the future...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossmen00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Who actually LIKES these huge grills? I've heard that it's primarily to the Chinese market who love the things.

Audi / Lexus have been doing this for a while and I always thought it looked hideous. I do hope that it doesn't spread to the entire line of cars.
China is a huge market and growing bigger.....they love the BIG grills!!!
One of the most common complaints I heard in China for pre lci 7 series is that a lot of people thought the front face, not necessarily the grills, was too flat and low like an enlarged 3 series and it didn't have the look of a flagship sedan. I own a 740 in Beijing since 2017 and there was about 16% incentive at that time comparing with 0% for S class LCI. BMW even released 730 with B48N20 to dominate more market share but it still failed to compete with S class. For the recent 7 series LCI, the radical grills is also controversial in China according to the comments I heard and it is still outsold by S class. However, X7, with similar grill size, sells extremely well and there is even an extra 10,000 USD equivalent market adjusted pricing from most dealers in my city.

I would partially agree with the statements like "Chinese prefer large grill", but we still pay attention to factors other than the grills. Nevertheless, I think Chinese market response to the new 4 series, M3 and M4 (at least in terms of the appearances) should be identical to other markets because these models usually target hardcore customers, and these customers should have similar general exterior preferences regardless of their residencies and cannot be discussed with potential customers for X7, X5, or 5 series EWB from China
I don't know why people on this forum think the Chinese market wants the large grills. I don't know when that assumption began.
GM BMW ans others have flat out said Chinese markets want visual signs of a cars wealth and prestige and one of the ways is a big grill and aggressive look.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00