Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
My wife and I got married in the Cook Islands; Raratonga and (especially) Aitutaki are beautiful. I'm not sure about all inclusive but I tend to avoid them like the plague...seriously if you want quality, you do not go for all inclusive.

I think you've got one part right...somewhere in the French Polynesian Islands will be perfect.

Personally Hawaii is highly over-rated.
This is a solid suggestion - Aitutaki was prettier than French Polynesia in terms of "island atmosphere".
But if you are not into doing nothing, I suggest Fiji or FP over Cook.
Personally Moorea (one of islands of FP) offers bang for the buck which is a mixture of Hawaii+Bora Bora in fantastic over water bungalows. When choosing a resort, you must do your due diligence by carefully look into google map for the one with best part of the water island can offer. For instant, Sofitel in Moorea has better water than Rits in Bora Bora, also each over water bungalow can face different direction of the lagoon, so make sure to book the one that has most coral with bluest water in the google map. In FP, Bora Bora offers least amount of land so more boat time is required. In Moorea, land is ample so you can rent a ATV and ride that along the shoreline for about an hour to do your stuff.

If you want the really nice all around resort, Andaz Maui is one of the best.
If you want the less money for $$$$ experience, Andaz Mayakoba is fantastic. Because resort is rather new an executive suite can be had for pretty cheap and resort is so beautiful and HUGE with nobody on. So if you tip generously for first few days, you WILL BE THE KING of the resort. Chefs literally remembers all your preference and serve you the special menus, let alone bypassing workers will somehow know your last name and offer you the service as you pass. Also they have the PGA golf course which comes along with it

As for the all inclusive goes, I've never seen one in aforementioned islands but they do have the meal package which I think isn't necessary. Better to hop around and get the quality while you are there.

Last edited by jlstyle; 12-13-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 2