View Single Post
      12-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #14
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

I'm sort of in the same boat and looking to upgrade my tv set up. I've researched the LG OLEDs and the dreaded burn in issue kind of scares me with the B9 and C9, although I suppose if you got the additional five year warranty from Best Buy that should put you at ease? It's my understanding that this issue is becoming less of a problem on the 2019 models but it's still a panel lottery. Reddit has a sub forum dedicated to the issue if you want to learn more.
Samsung's QLED 90 flagship model is best for bright rooms and wide viewing angles. The negative to this tv is Samsung dropped Dolby Vision from their tv sets and most movies use this format. They took a chance using HDR10 instead and very little content uses it. Also if you really want to calibrate your tv Samsung made it more difficult with less options to do so.
Sony has their A9G OLED which unfortunately has blooming issues on dark scenes. I guess their android smart system is also a pain to navigate. If you can get past all of that it's a great tv with a hefty price.
I'm hoping the 2020 tv's will fix the above issues, the 2019 high end models really dropped the ball in my opinion.
Appreciate 0