View Single Post
      04-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #8
goobus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition '19

Yep, that's basically what I do.

It's interesting you mention efficiency and modernization. I must say, although there are some efficiency gains with regards to crypto's payments use case, this has nothing to do with any inherent efficiency in blockchain systems. Any efficiency gains seen in crypto are only a result of the extremely inefficient financial infrastructure we have today, where wire transfers are still transmitted via SWIFT and normal everyday financial functions still require overt manual intervention to be carried out.

The biggest problems solved by blockchain technology aren't really efficiency related, but have to do with centralization. Crypto allows for fully robust systems that do not depend on any central party, which has great benefits for system resiliency against outages, censorship, corruption, and so on.

If you look at any modern centralized system, they are all more efficient than the same system built on a blockchain.

I agree that blockchain enabled virtual worlds (including social media) will become pervasive in the near future as people have increasingly persistent online personas that can only be helped by blockchain technology. Things like the virtual assets that you mention, will soon be integrated with the internet and be enabled by digital identity protocols that give a borderless experience even when switching between different platforms.

Unfortunately it is really hard to keep up with the hundreds and thousands of projects out there with more launching everyday especially in this bull market. If you have limited time I would advise for you to limit your scope to blue chips and invest for the long run instead of trying to score a huge win in some speculative and unproven project.
Appreciate 2
DocL1930.00
2000cs3502.50