View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 04:23 AM   #101
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
im all for tech that makes me carry less stuff around. everytime i leave the house its keys, wallet, cell. Even if you have android/google pay, you still have to take your drivers license and therefor wallet.

maybe one day they'll give us an option for a digital driver's license.
Yeah in Australia, most states already issue digital drivers licences so that they can be accessed from Google or Apple wallets.

Along with every single bank and (in most Australian states) transport cards supporting Google and Apple Pay, there is honestly no need to carry a wallet anymore. You can even withdraw/deposit into ATMs here with Google/Apple Pay. Contactless payments have been around here for almost 10 years and is much ubiquitous so it's in our culture.

In fact, for the past year, all I've carried with me is my phone. It's been fine and quite nice really. I appreciate it's not for everyone but it's nice to know I can have one device that does everything. If I lose it, no one else can get in due to Face ID.

The car key is the last thing I carry other then my phone... but then again it's a nice key 😎
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle6024.00