View Single Post
      08-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
sanfordrich
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowJon View Post
Card key and digital key are separate entities, but perform similar functions. The card key that you received with your car should be ready to use, just make sure it is activated in your access settings. The card key can then be used to lock and unlock doors, also used to start vehicle when placed on wi-fi pad. A digital key has to be installed and activated on your cell phone using the Connected Drive phone app. Your phone can then be used to perform same functions as the card key.
Thank you for the information. I tried using the Card Key again and this time it worked. I'm not sure why I previously had a problem with it. I did notice it doesn't seem to work unless I remove the Card Key from my wallet. That makes it a little less convenient. As far as the Digital Key is concerned, I can't use it because I have an I-phone. I believe Apple is going to change something in the next major release of their software that will enable BMW to eventually have the Digital Key capability work with an I-phone. We will see.
Appreciate 0