06-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #4065
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Initial range experiences using a few friends handguns in college, I really liked .40 as it was manageable for my skill level versus something heavier like .45 or .357. 9mm seemed like it wouldn't have the stopping power.

Fast forward many years, 9mm is so widespread that I ended up choosing it just because it's fairly ubiquitous while .40 is still more specialized. Other than practicing at the range, my intent for owning a gun is protection when I can't rely on local/state/fed gov't to maintain control and in those scenarios, who knows how much stockpiled ammo is enough. I don't want to be carrying something that the guy down the street doesn't have rounds for if came to that. I've also been looking at getting the Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm since it takes the same rounds/magazines as my Glock.

Not saying I wouldn't pick up a .40 or other gun chambered in another caliber, but focused on getting some versatility at the core before I branch out into more calibers for hobby. CCW isn't an option where I live, so not even a consideration FWIW.
Please let us know when you find one in stock!!
They seem to be always out of stock.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0