Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Getting to a destination with only 5% remaining would absolutely cause anxiety for me, plus I also wouldn't want to skip some comfort to make my commute IMO. Having said that, I totally agree with you that electric cars, especially used ones that have depreciated greatly, make an awesome car to add to the fleet.

I've been looking at 2018 BMW i3S, and they can already be had in the low 20's. This would make such an ideal car to add to my truck and M's, as my commute is only 8 miles each way, grocery store is like 3, restaurants are within 10-15 mins drive ect... I wouldn't even bother with a stage 2 charger at home because I'd want to drive the other cars too, while the i3 charges with a regular socket. If I ever get one (would be more interested when they're in the teens), I can also see it being the car I put the most miles in.

Crazy to think these Smart cars can be had for 6k though, that's ridiculously cheap!
I've had 3 new i3's already, and the lease on my 3rd is ending this year. Absolutely brilliant little cars. It was my main commuter before the pandemic and I started working from home, but it was a joy to drive each time. A light RWD hatchback with quick steering and instant torque? Superb. Looks like a goofball, but drives like a hot hatch. I happen to also really love the spacious and modern interior. Pairs well with my M3 CS, I take the i3 everywhere I don't want to go with the M3: tight parking lots, places with valet, the grocery store, home depot, walmart, places with awful potholes etc.

Alas, I think 3 i3's is enough and I'm ready for a change. I only wished there was an updated i3 with a new design, and maybe I would be in my 4th. Plus I am no longer commuting, so the need for a commuter is gone. I still want another vehicle option in my garage besides my beater, the M3, and the wife's SUV, just not sure what to go with next.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
W///7494.00