View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
cooldude346
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Question Ford Mustang GT500 or Nissan GT-R Premium

Hello Bimmerpost forum users,

I hope that everyone is having a great day! I know this question is completely unrelated to BMWs but I wanted to ask this on a neutral forum.

To give you guys some background, I am a 24 year old med student who is a car enthusiast. Since I am usually super busy with academics I don't have the time to work on my car as much as I would like. Nonetheless, I appreciate driving my car every day. On weekends I usually drive back home (500 mile round trip) and on weekdays I drive to the gym or to get groceries (5-10 miles). With that being said I drive around 25k miles a year.

My current car is a 2007 BMW 335i E90 and I love that car. It has 152k miles on it and I got it 4 years ago when it had 50k miles. I've modified it with a tune, DCIs, intercooler, and catback exhaust. I have also gotten it custom wrapped. When its running optimally its quite fast and sounds nice too. I get compliments on it all the time (even though its worth about $6-7k However, I am sick of it having random problems and having to stress over getting it repaired especially now that I am really busy with school (in undergrad i didn't mind ).

I have saved up for a long time now and I've been in the market to get a new car now. I was considering a Stingray and a Supra earlier but I realized I need a 2+2 and a 2 door 2 seater is not ideal for me. I briefly looked at the M2 competition but it does not lay down the power I am looking for. Meanwhile, the M6 is priced too high and the M4 is way too common for my liking. The new generation M4 won't be available until late next year anyways.

Furthermore, I really don't have the time to modify the next car I get with everything going on. Aside from some window tints and front end clear coat protection, I am looking forward to driving the car bone stock. With that being said I want it to be as powerful and fun as possible if I am spending upwards of 70k.

Thats why I bring up this question. A new 2020 Mustang GT500 will cost me around 75k or I can pick up a used 2017/2018 GTR Premium with less than 15k miles for around 75k also. If I get the GTR it has to be the latest body style (2017+).

The only thing that worries me about either of these cars is how comfortable/refined they will be? I know my 3 series is one of the most basic cars you could get from BMW in 2007 yet I love the refinement in it. Its very comfortable on long drives. I haven't driven a Shelby/powerfulStang or the GTR so I'm not sure how those cars do in that aspect. If anybody has experience driving either of these cars please do let me know how they would compare to a E90/E92 3 series on the comfort aspect.

Nonetheless, i'm torn between these two cars. Both are amazing machines in my opinion. What do you fellow car enthusiasts think is a better option for me and why do you think so?
This car will be my daily driver and I will drive it about 25k miles a year. I will barely take it out on a track--maybe like once a year tops. I live in Virginia (so the weather is not too bad and I can definitely manage a RWD monster even in the winter). I plan to buy in Spring 2020!
Appreciate 0