View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #14
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
OP, I suspect if you buy a GT500 to put 25k miles a year on, you're going to end up like multiple GT350 buyers who bought it because they thought it was cool. Then 1 year and less than 10k miles later it's back up for sale at a nice discount because it's really a street-legal, track ready car.
It depends on how exclusive the GT500 will become. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more C8 on the road a few years from now than GT500. Personally I have not seen any GT350 on my commute but have seen tons of C7 and the GT350's have come out quite a few years ago. Is the GT500 a better car than the C8? I don't know but the GT50 will be made only in limited number, its resale value will hold up well down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
If you aren't going to track the car (maybe 1 time per year means you're not going to track it), just buy something fast and comfy, not something meant to set fast lap times.
That's missing the point. There are people who want raw, demanding, and rewarding driving experience. If you're right, then everybody would be buying M5 and so on. That's why car like Ferrari 458 Speciale costs about either the same or more today vs. when it was brand new. The going price for the 458 Speciale spider is about $600K now. On the other hand, C8 will be just a dime and a dozen a few years from now.
Appreciate 1