04-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #257
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Can't wait, these cars are awesome, owners will love them, I hope some of them will actually take it off road too!
I'm trying to buy a vehicle now that has under 200,000 miles on it by the time I retire mid-decade.

The Bronco will have garage queen duty from whenever I get it this year until I hang up the cleats. It really is the only vehicle on the market that I have any interest in. The E-Stang I really like too, except for the stupid screen.

I have to be honest, I'm tired of BMW's pretentious crap from all the soccer parents that lease them to impress the neighbors. Yeah, it's been that way with BMW for 20 years now, but BMW used to offer an unpretentious 3-Series with a manual transmission and sport package, so I'd put up with the pretentiousness and the MSRPs. But they brought the 3-Series into the pretentious fold with the G20, and they effed up with the F30 and made that one a Buick. And the M 3-Series got uber-pretentious years ago too when the E46 version came out (E37/E85/86 excluded of course ) . I'm old skool; wrench on it on the weekends and drive it during the week.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00