12-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #10
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
you're a canon guy but you don't even know you have a 30D not a D30...

????
Thank you for pointing out that I put the "D" in the wrong place. I appreciate the correction. By stating that I am a "Canon guy" all I meant was that I was not going to get a Nikon - so that this did not become a Canon vs. Nikon debate like the 6MT vs. M-DCT debates. I did not mean that I own Canon (as in the owner of the company) or that I am an expert. Sounds like you are an expert - so how about contributing an answer to my question please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtlo View Post
Canon made a D30 (released in 2000) and a 30D (released in 2006). Both take EF lenses, so he could have either one.

Enfield,
With that said, I just got the 5D MKII and I like it so far. The 21MP is definately pimpin'. For your purposes though, I'd look at a 5D. I'm selling mine, PM me if interested.
I think I am going to wait a few months so that Canon figure out a cure to the 'black dot' issue since I do a lot of shooting in low light conditions. This article explain the issue: http://www.electronista.com/articles....ii.black.dot/

Thank you everyone for your opinions and also on the constructive feedback on how posted on the wrong forum (I am sure that I am the only one to have ever done this in the history of the world) and that I put the 'D' in the wrong place.
Appreciate 0