View Single Post
      12-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #19
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

True, but Canon has better colors, and most importantly better skintones. You can mess around in post-RAW processing with Nikon NEF files, but skintones look better on Canons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
Nikons have a few big advantages. Autofocus on the D700 or D300 is substantially more sophisticated than on the 5D2 and Nikon's 14-24 is significantly sharper corner-to-corner than Canon's 16-35II. From about 24mm on I think the two systems' lens selections are pretty much at parity.

That said, if you're looking for a high MP camera for a "reasonable" price the 5D2 may be the only game in town right now (I'm not really counting the A900 and the D3X, while a fine camera, costs over twice as much).

Not wanting to turn this into a Black lens vs. White lens war, just commenting that both systems still have their advantages at the pro or amateur level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watrob View Post
I hear a lot of pros are going back to Nikon, D700 (FF) & D300 and of course the old standby the D3. They are say you can buy two Nikons for the same price as the Canon you mentioned!

And like spectrumphoto said, its the glass that counts and Nikon still makes some of the best 2.8F lenses out there for the price! There shutter action speed is pretty quick and quiet.
Appreciate 0