Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Leonard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
So should we get rid of all adaptive cruise controls since some people seem to take advantage of the technology? These same accidents happened before Tesla even existed.

The problem is that no one is educating the drivers on how to use the technology. Even if he was looking at the road, he probably would have expected the car would stop, as most people do. But it specifically says in the manual of every car with adaptive cruise control that the car will not brake in that situation.
Demonstrating the intelligence to properly use ACC or autonomous driving technologies should be made part of the DRIVER'S LICENSING EXAM.

If we can't fix stupid, at least weed it out.
Exactly and part of the problem is also the cult of Elon that feeds into this eerie sense of false security. Some Tesla owners believe any and every single line spoon fed to them by Tesla and Musk.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....