Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Rather than trying to place blame on the cars nowadays for bad driving, why not place the blame where it belongs? The dumbos behind the wheel who, 99% of the time, are too busy texting their friends to be bothered by paying attention to the road. Imagine if we had extremely high fines for using your phone behind the wheel, and even starting revoking licenses, how much safer the roads would be. $250 fine for first offense, $500 next time, onward and upward. Would be a whole lot of extra tax money for the state to use for whatever they want, and would cut down on accidents. Every. Single. Morning on my way to work, I pass at least 4 collisions, of which 99% are people being rear ended. No excuse to not seeing someone in front of you stopping, unless you're not paying attention.
Agree 100%. The driver is always 100% responsible except in cases of mechanical failure, most of which are foreseeable and are the responsibility of the owner who is most often also the driver. My point was that the capabilities of today's cars have made inattentive driving possible.
Inattentive driving has been a problem for decades (...people reading newspapers, doing make-up in the rear view mirror, etc.). Cell phones/cell phone access/applications are more of a culprit than the car itself.
Conissah1038.00
530iDriver1380.50
minn196905.50