Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
The way I see it is if they're die hard bmw they're want the more purist M2C. I don't think it'll stack up to the 718 if I had to guess but then again it's priced below it. Perhaps the vert is the selling point over the M2C if that's what you're into. Also, looks if you fancy the Z4 styling over the M2C.
This makes me curious about how the Supra will fare too. Being a coupe it will be more practical, but I just don't know how much of a market there is for that car. Japanese sports cars just do not sell. If they introduced an alternative to the likes of the Mustang and Challenger there'd be a business case.

I wouldn't say the Toyota 86 (previously Scion FRS) fit the bill. It is priced right with the Pony cars but offers none of the power that those cars offer.
Well, the GT86 also has an absolutely awful motor that leans out at high rpm, has a torque dip at 4500rpm and an interior that somehow makes the three pony cars look upscale.

I've tried to talk myself into buying one a few times, but it's just a bad car. I suspect Toyota will find a way to both remove the fun from the Z4 (what little there may be) and have a serious sales flop. Killing the backseat was also stupid.
Appreciate 0