View Single Post
      12-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #17
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
They clearly priced both models to undercut the 718 Boxster. $59k for the base Boxster, $71k for the S and $81k for the GTS. I think it may be a tough choice for some. I think I'm glad we got our base Boxster since the performance is pretty amazing for a little 2.0L turbo. But for me it would be either the Base Boxster or the GTS. I think if you can get a very good deal on an S, it might be worthwhile.

I think the logic would be that you could get a well-optioned 30i for a base Boxster and a somewhat optioned M40i (which is an awesome engine) for the same money as a Boxster S. I would prefer the I6 over the 2.5L 4 cylinder, so would pick the BMW in that scenario, but would have a tougher time choosing between the base Boxster and the 30i just because I know I get a faster, lightweight and mid-engined car that would be great out of the box. Plus for the purists you can get manual transmissions in the Boxsters. I think even though the BMW 8 speed gets good reviews, I would still prefer the PDK.....choices choices.
Appreciate 3
supra932480.00
clee1982797.50