View Single Post
      04-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #22
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Fair and everyone has the right to feel anyway they want to and I respect your opinion. I still feel, however, that emotion and enjoyment play a huge factor of facts and figures. I wouldn't be surprised if my F56 Cooper S was quicker stop light to stoplight around town, it certainly feels that way, but nothing much compares to taking the 360 out on the snake or the dragon and carving those corners, listening to that flat plane crank V8 shout out the exhaust behind my head. It's a show stopper.
The 360 is not really stupid though is it. What is it, 400 odd HP? And yeah emotion has a lot to do with it. Drove a Mustang GT last year and was shocked how much fun the engine was, it liked a few revs, not S2000 revs but it wasn't all bottom end. And it sounded fantastic.

So yeah i hear ya, the 360 with an old fashioned screamer V8 i get, i am lusting seriously over a 997 GTS vert, which is not as far off the 360 you have as it first sounds and for much the same reason.

Some of these newer supercars are putting out 600, 700 HP and don't sound all that great, Lambo V12's the exception.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00