Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightz71 View Post
That torque curve on the Supra though... am I reading this right? +50wtq on top of the Z4 @ 2.5krpm? Are the turbo PNs different?

Looks like a much smaller turbine on the Supra (+ some software castration) to yield that tq curve but lack of hp up top. With this chart - Supra should be way more fun to drive around town, it's also 200lbs lighter.
The Supra's torque curve is almost identical to the Z4's up to about 4600rpm except it comes on a couple hundred rpm earlier. I read 3397 lbs for the Supra and 3443 for the Z4 so I don't think there is 200 lbs difference.

I agree that there is some software manipulation to get the torque so high for the hp; normally a 50hp difference would generate a much larger difference in times compared to what we have seen so far..... though the vast majority of comparisons have been with the neutered euro version of the Z4. It would seem that the version we get here has basic performance parity with the Supra despite the hp difference. I'll chalk it up to the Supra having similar torque figures, power coming on a bit earlier and the slight weight advantage. 0-60 may be similar, in the quarter the extra hp should show itself but I wouldn't expect much of a difference.

2 cents,
Dave
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00