10-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #179
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Check, check and check. For what I paid for my place and what I'm told that it's worth now, I would make out like a bandit. I paid $118 for it 5 years ago. A close friend of mine who is in real estate keeps telling me to sell it. She swears that I could get $160 easy. It's small, nothing extravagant but nice, newly remodeled with a two car garage and nice view from the back "tree house" style deck off the kitchen. I love my house, but bought it for me and my boys, who no longer live with me. The game plan was to hang on to it for a few years, sell it, get my money back out of it (I paid cash) and then use that money to make money. Life happened and the plan changed. Either way, I have a nice ass house and no mortgage payment at the moment.
I bitch about the yard work too - but I know I would miss it. Takes me about 2 hours to mow (even with a 60" zero turn) and weedeat, but nothing makes me happier than driving out the next morning to that well trimmed lawn. I spent about 75% of my day yesterday mowing, weedeating, winterizing things, pulling a plugged gas tank off my tractor, cutting out summer landscape, etc - you are right it can be a LOT.

But I know I would miss that sweat work - it just somehow fulfills me. For now anyway. I was not meant to be in an office all day.
King Rudi13154.00