View Single Post
      11-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #2639
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Question for you gents. Started my bulk the first week of October. Slowly increased calories until I got to where I'm just 300 calories over maintenance now. I did great all month long. My birthday was last week.....dinner with kids, dinner with the girlfriend, the girlfriend made a cake, friends stopped by a couple of days, drinks were had, etc. Long story long, I ate like a complete ass last week and picked up some fat that I don't want to carry for the next 3-4 months while on this bulk. I don't want to miss gains due to a calorie deficit and I'm already going to the gym 5 days a week hitting each group twice, I really don't want to go in (or have time to go) to the gym on my off days; but I'm not opposed to either. I also have the option of doing 15 min of cardio after weights, but again, I hate to miss gains. Any advice you guys can offer or should I just deal with it and see how I fair after the bulk and deal with the excess fat then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Does anyone have issues with left to right muscle proportion? I wouldn't say it is noticeable at all, but I notice it. At first my right bicep was falling behind my left. Now my right has caught up. Now I realize that my left tricep is falling behind my right, so need to balance that out. Note that I am strictly talking about size, strength is not my concern.

My main issue is with my quads. My left quad looks great (my opinion), nice and full with striations throughout. Where as my right quad really needs to be balanced out. I try single leg exercises because I fear my left leg takes a blunt of the work when doing things like squats/leg press/etc. I think it goes back two years from when I had sciatic nerve problems in my right leg. Still struggling to get it to match perfectly. Hoping to correct that over the next 5-6months, probably going to take a lot of work. Both legs function properly whether walking or running, so no concern there. Just a matter of balancing size.

Side note, this morning was leg day. Hence why my quads are probably on my mind haha.
Here! My right bicep is noticeably bigger than my left. I also notice when doing standing shoulder presses, that my left makes it to the top before my right. Only notice it when standing and using a barbell.

My abs are also staggered. I got the bad genes. It's all good though. I'd rather have bad genes and notice the uneven muscle versus not knowing at all. Uneven abs, I'll take them over no abs.

Last edited by King Rudi; 11-04-2020 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0