11-30-2020, 01:15 PM   #711
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
BMW officials have said in the recent past that the current engine lineup is the very last. There will be continued electrification in the form of both mild hybrid and PHEV setups. But don’t expect any wholly new engines.

In fact, some engines may soon be phased out. For example, there are signs that the N63 won’t be around long enough to be hybridized. Instead, the upcoming electrified S63 (which will get a name change to S68) could be the only V8 for the next generation, while everything below might be a B58 (or perhaps S58) hybrid. This is not yet confirmed, however.
With the rumours of the 1.5t being phased out in the near future, there's nothing to replace the entry level engines in the Mini and Euro BMWs?

I had a F56 Mini Cooper with the 1.5t. It was a really fun engine, albeit not very good. I always liked to call it a half sized M3 cause logically it's a S55 chopped in half (I know it doesn't work that way)

I'm not surprised there will be no "pedestrian" V8 since those would be replaced by a hybrid 6.
The continual downsizing continues, and I actually prefer hybridizing than turboing.
Appreciate 0