05-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #96
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
I think its unanimous that the Cadillac dealership experience sucks ass.

We should email a transcript of this thread to GM execs. They're so unhinged and oblivious.
Unanimous based on a few responses on a BMW forum? I am sure GM execs will see this as unbiased data and get right on it. Also, finding a group of people that don't like car dealers of any brand shouldn't take too long.

I have been very happy with my Cadillac dealer experiences (service and sales). I take the car in, there is someone available, I go over what will be done and they give me a loaner, out quickly and without problems. Have been there three times for service and a couple of times for sales and other dealerships while looking. I will say it the waiting area isn't as fancy and the Audi dealer I used to go to always had donuts and a better couch but I also haven't had all the problems I had with my Audi so will take the less luxurious setting and not going over the opposite. I bought my BMW used 3 years ago and have never been to the dealer which is part of the reason I don't see fancy waiting rooms or showrooms as much of selling feature. I spend many hours each week in the car and virtually no time at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Did you drive both cars or just price them / compare specs? I think many would view the 3.6L V-6 vs. BMW 3.0 a considerable difference, perhaps enough alone to justify the MSRP difference. Also, you can negotiate prices with BMW as well so if you are comparing $55K MSRP to $45K I think that's a bit off.
Drove both, compared MSRP to MSRP then Truecar and buying services prices, did not sit down with the BMW dealer and push for their best price as I didn't see it getting anywhere close and didn't feel like wasting their or my time. I have found Truecar and other buying services to not be the best price but a good indication of what to expect. I didn't want to lease (then replacing the car every 3 years for eternity) which seems like where the best BMW deals are and instead ended up paying cash for a CPO.

Based on MSRP, then Truecar and buying services, MSRP was roughly $6k more for the 335, then the discounts available on the Cadillac were greater, making the spread even more. I saw no chance to get the price for an equal spec anywhere close.

Yes the 335 engine is better (now ATS has a new V-6/trans so difference shouldn't be as great), then the ATS handling is better and we can go on and on about the differences but I made my choice after considering both cars. I am completely fine with others choosing the 335 (most do) but do wonder how many give other brands a chance or are just are so caught up in the badge, dealer waiting rooms/showrooms, and their status in society based on the type of car they buy to actually do it.