View Single Post
      06-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
FNR32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
I haven't experienced this but I've worked claims with similar circumstances. The shop's insurance should cover either the cost of the repairs (assuming the car is found and is damaged) or the value of the car if it isn't recovered. I'm sure others will chime in here about how they'd have XYZ's head on a stick if they didn't get (insert crazy amount of compensation here), but the reality is that they owe you for the cost of the car or repairs, not really to make you better than you were. That said, best case is that the car isn't recovered and you just get paid out. Theft recoveries have horrible issues further down the line. You have no idea how it was driven while out of your care. Could be a total headache down the line so even if recovered I'd push for it to be a total loss.

You also have the option of involving your insurance company and going through their theft process. They will end up charge the shop's insurance company for the costs associated with your claim but you'll likely have to incur whatever your comprehensive deductible is. You may be able to take advantage of any additional coverages you have on your policy like new car replacement etc this way.