BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Anyone here not get invited to a wedding?

11-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Anyone here not get invited to a wedding?

A coworker at my workplace had a wedding and I was never invited me to her wedding. I attended her wedding luncheon potluck at a coworkers home which I contributed to a gift certificate with my rest of my coworkers, a card, and I brought food. I just decided to attend the pre-wedding lucheon potluck because I thought it would be polite.

I would never imagine that she would not invite me as she invited almost everyone at my workplace. I never even asked if she was going to invite me because I knew she will as I've been always been polite to her and everyone else. I've even driven her home before as she doesn't have a car because it would be impolite.

I just find it hard that this lady (who happens to be Filipino) decided to invite people who she hardly knows to her wedding - people from other departments who never even attended the wedding luncheon potluck.

Today, I asked her why she didn't invite me as someone was asking about her wedding as I had nothing else to talk about. Her answer was there was "limited space." What a stupid and vague answer huh? It just doesn't make sense when a senior worker like myself never gets invited when a bunch of newbies and other dorks from another departments gets invited. My friends at my workplace got invited including my boss and when I asked them that I didn't get invited, they said... "limited space", another one said "only a few are attending", one coworker said "sorry", short and vague answers....

Ironically, she invited people who weighed a lot more than me which made no sense?!? I was told that it was a buffet style dinner at the wedding. She even invited a 700lb lady from another department which is totally wacked!!!

Anyone here had a similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Lol sorry man but i dont think they like you over there. Why would you wanna go to a wedding like that anyways? A buffet style? What is it a prom? You should be thankful she didnt invite you lol

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
A coworker at my workplace had a wedding and I was never invited me to her wedding. I attended her wedding luncheon potluck which I contributed to a gift certificate with my rest of my coworkers, a card, and I brought food. I just decided to attend the pre-wedding lucheon potluck because I thought it would be polite.

I would never imagine that she would not invite me as she invited almost everyone at my workplace. I never even asked if she was going to invite me because I knew she will as I've been always been polite to her and everyone else. I've even driven her home before as she doesn't have a car because it would be impolite.

I just find it hard that this lady (who happens to be Filipino) decided to invite people who she hardly knows to her wedding - people from other departments who never even attended the wedding luncheon potluck.

Today, I asked her why she didn't invite me as someone was asking about her wedding as I had nothing else to talk about. Her answer was there was "limited space." What a stupid and vague answer huh? It just doesn't make sense when a senior worker like myself never gets invited when a bunch of newbies and other dorks from another departments gets invited. My friends at my workplace got invited including my boss and when I asked them that I didn't get invited, they said... "limited space", another one said "only a few are attending", one coworker said "sorry", short and vague answers....

Ironically, she invited people who weighed a lot more than me which made no sense?!? I was told that it was a buffet style dinner at the wedding. She even invited a 700lb lady from another department which is totally wacked!!!

Anyone here had a similar experience?
700 lbs !!!! is that a typo!?

On another note, she is just a bitch. Don't let it get you down. On your birthday, just dont let her eat any cake...

or you could kill her, you know, whatever works...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
its
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i

The Office: Email Surveillance..... should check it out. similar questions were asked.. lols
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #5
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

my neighbors didn't invite me to their daughter wedding but invited my parents. i wasn't going to go anyway but they shouldn't have invited them if they weren't going to invite me...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #6
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post

On another note, she is just a bitch. Don't let it get you down. On your birthday, just dont let her eat any cake...

Only an estimate. She's really fat as heck and she loves going to cruises because of the buffets!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #7
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

nothing is ever as it seems...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post

At my workplace, you have to bring your own cake and food on your birthday. On my last birthday, she (the wedding bitch snob who didn't invite me) told me to bring a lot of food and a nice cake. That's what I did and I couldn't believe I actually listened to her.

Life and the world is just so unpredictable. You may never know your real true friends and you can't always trust your coworkers.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #9
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
At my workplace, you have to bring your own cake and food on your birthday. On my last birthday, she (the wedding bitch snob who didn't invite me) told me to bring a lot of food and a nice cake. That's what I did and I couldn't believe I actually listened to her.
Where do you work anyways? You sound like the guy from Office Space. lol so glad im freelance i can never work at an office with people like that.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #10
richeerich03
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Get over it dude.. I just got married, and I went through the same shit with some of my coworkers.. I invited a couple peeps, and the rest of them got all butt hurt.. Just wait til that day when you have to make a guest list for 300 and you have family and friends well over 400 people..
      11-21-2008, 01:04 AM   #11
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeerich03 View Post
Get over it dude.. I just got married, and I went through the same shit with some of my coworkers.. I invited a couple peeps, and the rest of them got all butt hurt.. Just wait til that day when you have to make a guest list for 300 and you have family and friends well over 400 people..
Did you invite people at your workplace you didn't even know? That's what this lady did. And it's not like I couldn't afford to give her money or a nice gift for her wedding day.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #12
richeerich03
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Its her wedding.. you can't question bridezilla..
Sometimes Filipinos invite people they don't know to make themselves look good. That person is going to go back to work saying nothing but good things about her...

Think about it...
      11-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #13
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
I've only been invited to 1 wedding in my life and I was late because I overslept. Family and friends completely ignore me at wedding time.

Maybe its because im not good wedding material, cause I dont dance.....ever.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #14
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeerich03 View Post
Its her wedding.. you can't question bridezilla..
Sometimes Filipinos invite people they don't know to make themselves look good. That person is going to go back to work saying nothing but good things about her...

Think about it...
I think you might have answered my question in terms of why she didn't invite me and she invited people from another dept. whom she doesn't really know. She isn't a full time employee so I do assume that she's trying to attract some attention from other departments. Still, I think it's a lame idea because one shouldn't hire someone from another department when someone says they enjoyed someone's wedding.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #15
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

i've no-showed a couple weddings...i don't really care. weddings are for women anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #16
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
i've no-showed a couple weddings...i don't really care. weddings are for women anyway.
A coworker who wasn't invited told me so too. It's a girly event. Maybe, I'm too new to the wedding scene to know better.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:28 AM   #17
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
A coworker who wasn't invited told me so too. It's a girly event. Maybe, I'm too new to the wedding scene to know better.
after a half dozen it gets old.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:32 AM   #18
NaTuReB0Y