BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum We're Adopting!!!

04-03-2024, 01:11 PM   #23
MisanoblueZ4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBullogna View Post
Definitely on the list. Still debating, as they currently go with the mirror caps, grill & wheels. (Though if I ever swap out the grill, caps, and upgrade to different wheels it’s a 100% certainty the badges will be done too). Short list for the moment is floating wheel roundels, upgraded under door LEDs, and possibly the start/stop & volume button swapouts.
THIS 100%

With the Cerium bits it all flows together, my Misano Blue is this way (silver caps, grill, front fascia accents) The M40I badging goes with it.

Also, on some of the graphics of the infotainment you’ll see the graphical presentation of the car pretty much coded as it left the factory……not that it shows the actual badge colors lol.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2024, 01:15 PM   #24
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Acura RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
I noticed the boxing gloves hanging from your rear view mirror in your earlier post. My wife is from San Juan and loved the gloves and your personalized plate!
Spouse was born & raised in Guaynabo, moved to the mainland at 19, and we try to get back yearly, (almost all of my in-laws are still there or Bayamon for the most part). I fell in love instantly, (particularly outside of the stereotypical tourist areas), and our plan is to retire there in the next ~12ish years. I went with that plate as it’s pretty specific, (❤️those little guys, sleep like a baby listening to them every time), without ‘misrepresenting’ myself, yet still works when he drives it as well. (His is much more blatant, TAINO). I hear “Wepa!” hollared at me enough when I’m driving his as is, always have to holler back “No, mi esposo es el Boricua”.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2024, 06:20 AM   #25
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Talkin mods? >

This is what I'm planning, but will wait for warranty to do most of it.

Dreaming over some modifications to the Z4.

Splitter, mirror covers, grill, spoiler, diffuser, skirt all made to carbon fiber. Looks badass, adds more aero and stability, more aggressive stance.

New cold air intake system. More Boosting power, less turbo lag, better sound less wear and tear on engine (long term)

Stage 1 tune - roughly 60 HP and more fuel economy under normal driving operations. Long term affects could mean more wear and tear if other components aren’t upgraded.

Carbon fiber turbo inlet piping to help with cooling and weight.

New engine strut bars (own are ugly AF) but I wanna find some red ones, possibly a set with a cross bar too.

Carbon fiber engine cover - aesthetics

Spacers…. Maybe.. has potential to assist with stability on cornering, creates a more aggressive stance, assist with air flow (brake cooling) and turning radius.

Frequency intelligence exhaust system replacement with quad pipe tips (preferably carbon fiber with forged blue metal tips)

Either that or a down pipe…(cheaper option)
Appreciate 2
      04-04-2024, 07:45 AM   #26
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
New cold air intake system. More Boosting power, less turbo lag, better sound less wear and tear on engine (long term)
Is any of this actually verified for the B58? Back in the day CAI's were all the rage, and sometimes they helped. Today the factory systems tend to be as good as you can get, no way they are leaving performance or mileage on the table. CAI's usually fall into the appearance realm these days unless you're going nuts for power and they actually end up as a restriction but it takes a lot to get there. Downpipes with cats tend to be the first bottleneck.

Go for a CAI of course, but you might see if it's actually beneficial performance wise.
Appreciate 2
Argo760.00
      04-04-2024, 08:18 AM   #27
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Is any of this actually verified for the B58? Back in the day CAI's were all the rage, and sometimes they helped. Today the factory systems tend to be as good as you can get, no way they are leaving performance or mileage on the table. CAI's usually fall into the appearance realm these days unless you're going nuts for power and they actually end up as a restriction but it takes a lot to get there. Downpipes with cats tend to be the first bottleneck.

Go for a CAI of course, but you might see if it's actually beneficial performance wise.
They are leaving PLENTY on the table. It's a balance between engine wear and tear and performance, right? Part of the reason why you should upgrade other things when getting a tune as well. More power means more heat. So... ensuring that you can get better air in and better air out helps to mitigate it all. A few folks on these forums have taken the B58 from the 382 to even higher. RavenGX, I believe has even brought his to 600. Granted, quite a few mods there.

I'm not necessarily going nuts for POWER, per se... which is why I just want to do a Stage 1. Actually looking for better fuel economy more than anything. The intercooler swap out is to get better air in, get some better turbo noise. Exhaust system, something that helps to further define its already sweet exhaust note.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2024, 08:39 AM   #28
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Intake swaps are to eliminate the restriction there, keep the engine from having to waste power with the work involved to suck in air. It really won't change the engine temperature at all.

As far as the air temperature itself, what goes into the engine, stock intakes tend to pull air from the outside of the car pretty well, it's not preheated by the engine. CAI's sometimes do the opposite and pull from the engine area, and so it starts hotter.

And by the time it's super heated by turbo compression, then run through the air-water intercooler, I'd all but guarantee that a CAI's air temperature being supplied is no different than what comes form a factory air box.

Temperature isn't really an issue. It's more "is the factory air box a restriction". I kind of bet it isn't. It certainly wasn't in the N55 engine world and my guess is the B58 is similar in that regard.

Sorry I guess we are WAY off topic Unless @madbullogna wants input on suggested mods that is.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2024, 09:08 AM   #29
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Acura RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Sorry I guess we are WAY off topic Unless @madbullogna wants input on suggested mods that is.
No mind at all, love ideas, haha. Semi-related….

I haven’t seen/heard much mention, so I’m assuming there’s no purpose for an oil catch can with the B58? I put one in my ‘12 SRT, but that 6.4L blew through like a sieve, lol. (Limited time googling Supra sites seems mixed, but they do exist for the B58 I guess).
Appreciate 0