BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Spiders like to hang out in your shoes.

07-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #23
rdub315
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
"...we approve of this..."

haha this is exactly what i thought of when i read the first sentence of OP's post
- VTT Stage 2 turbos, VTT inlets, Cobb Pro Tune (E30 and 93 octane tunes), MFactory LSD, 335is clutch, CSF radiator, slim fans, Walbro 255, AE exhaust, AA downpipes, ETS FMIC, Vishnu DCI, ETS charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS OCC
- H&R Touring Cup Kit, Apex Arc8, M3 style front bumper, MTech style rear bumper and diffuser
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #24
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I'm a little bitch when it comes to spiders. You can successfully rob me using a spider instead of a gun. When girls are around I try to act like a big man if I have to kill a spider. But on the inside, I'm shitting my pants hoping this spider will stand still so I can kill him.
My ex was the same way. I made him drive over to my house at 11pm to kill a spider on my wall. He screamed louder than I did when it fell off the wall and starting running across the carpet of the living room.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #25
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
I do actually, I live on the second floor, AND my shoes are inside. Must just be that particular shoe that is so comfy and spider friendly.
wait......so that spider was INSIDE your place??

...eff that...

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #26
JesterEXW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i, Space Gray / Black

Haha, I do the upside-down tap with my boots, but not my normal shoes. We learned that in my old unit in the Navy as we were out in the field quite a bit. We also were taught to ball our socks up and stuff them in the top to help block passage for creatures seeking warmth. Ugh, just remembering those nasty camel spiders.....that thing you found is nasty too, funny that your old instinct kicked in at that moment. I'm gonna be checking mine this morning for sure now.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I'm a little bitch when it comes to spiders. You can successfully rob me using a spider instead of a gun. When girls are around I try to act like a big man if I have to kill a spider. But on the inside, I'm shitting my pants hoping this spider will stand still so I can kill him.
I'm exactly the same way. What I've found is that guys are largely not afraid of snakes while chicks are mortified but most guys I know are petrified of spiders while many girls don't seem to mind them as much as snakes.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #28
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

I do it to shoes that I haven't work in a couple weeks. I have never had it happen to me, but I always thought that is a good place for them to hang out.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #29
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I recently cleaned out and swept my garage. It was like a scene from Arachnophobia. There were probably hundreds of little fuckers and a handful of giant wolf spiders as well.

I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!
      07-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #30
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #31
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I just shove my foot in at max speed to crush the little fuckers.
LOL I do the same thing. And mash my foot around to ensure the deed is done.
(I leave shoes in the garage, not outside but spiders be hatin)
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #32
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
LOL I do the same thing. And mash my foot around to ensure the deed is done.
(I leave shoes in the garage, not outside but spiders be hatin)
+1

i keep one pair of shoes in the garage...the ones i use to mow the lawn. i put them on real quick and do a few "lunges" just for good measure...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #33
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I recently cleaned out and swept my garage. It was like a scene from Arachnophobia. There were probably hundreds of little fuckers and a handful of giant wolf spiders as well.

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #34
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #35
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

Probably the only good thing about the northeast is the rough winters so Spiders/bugs don't get to be that size here usually.

I remember once in highschool I was watching TV late at night... 25x25' room, TV was across the room. I notice half-way across the room, something is walking along between me and the TV big enough to cast a fckn shadow across the floor. I turn the light on, and it's a giant spider a lot like yours. Wolf spider. I put a shoe on, jump about 10 feet in the air across the room and land on him pushing him into the carpet. Stood there a moment too scared to lift, until I felt him MOVE. I think I screamed like a girl and twirled like a ballerina for about 10 minutes until I was sure there was no way he survived. When I lifted, he still found a way to twitch. I got the vacuum at 3AM, sucked him up, taped the end closed for good measure, and then put the vacuum in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #36
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Probably the only good thing about the northeast is the rough winters so Spiders/bugs don't get to be that size here usually.

I remember once in highschool I was watching TV late at night... 25x25' room, TV was across the room. I notice half-way across the room, something is walking along between me and the TV big enough to cast a fckn shadow across the floor. I turn the light on, and it's a giant spider a lot like yours. Wolf spider. I put a shoe on, jump about 10 feet in the air across the room and land on him pushing him into the carpet. Stood there a moment too scared to lift, until I felt him MOVE. I think I screamed like a girl and twirled like a ballerina for about 10 minutes until I was sure there was no way he survived. When I lifted, he still found a way to twitch. I got the vacuum at 3AM, sucked him up, taped the end closed for good measure, and then put the vacuum in the garage.
haha @ twirling

I wear flip flops whenever I'm not at work, spider proofed!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #37
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

A little off topic but...

This may be a SoCal bug, but does anybody get these fukers come strollin in when it rains during winter months?

I call them Potato Bugs (think the technical name is Jerusalem Cricket) and these literally scare the living fuk outta me. I have no idea what they do, but I ususally let off a full can of raid on their ass till neither one of us can breathe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #38
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Damnit...
Attached Images

07-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #39
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
This may be a SoCal bug, but does anybody get these fukers come strollin in when it rains during winter months?

I call them Potato Bugs (think the technical name is Jerusalem Cricket) and these literally scare the living fuk outta me. I have no idea what they do, but I ususally let off a full can of raid on their ass till neither one of us can breathe.
For some reason, that doesn't scare me like a spider does. It'll still freak me out if sneaks up on me but spiders give me goosebumps just thinking about them.

The one thing I get in my house that scares me as much as spiders are house centipedes. Something about the f*cking legs that creep me out and even after you squish them, their legs keep twitching.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #40
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

This thread is making me feel sick at my desk. Phantom spiders all over me now. Hilarious responses
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #41
dcintheblue
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

I saw a black widow crawl out from under my baseboard heater in my bathroom, lucky for me I was already sitting on the toilet...
Appreciate 0