BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Horner in trouble at Red Bull

03-10-2024, 04:20 AM   #705
Sneaky Pete
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Don't forget she and Horner earned criticism for extramarital relations. Neither are innocent victims. That's not misogyny.
"Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. It is a form of sexism that can keep women at a lower social status than men, thus maintaining the social roles of patriarchy."
Yeah you are so right, the person with the least amount of agency in the whole story deserves every bit of scorn she has received.

Last edited by Sneaky Pete; 03-10-2024 at 04:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 08:14 AM   #706
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
Yeah you are so right, the person with the least amount of agency in the whole story deserves every bit of scorn she has received.
Nobody knows the situation or what either of them "deserve."
Nobody but CH and this girl. She could be the sweetest thing ever, or the antichrist.
This thread is full of hollow fodder.

Appreciate 2
      03-10-2024, 08:18 AM   #707
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
I didn't say either person deserved scorn. I said they both acted stupidly.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 09:31 AM   #708
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I didn't say either person deserved scorn. I said they both acted stupidly.
And I'd say that this sort of behavior should come as no surprise because it's human. Something that most of us here admit to being.

These mistakes are forgivable.
Appreciate 2
      03-10-2024, 01:01 PM   #709
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

so i gather the Marko chapter is closed, he seems to have made peace with Horner, seems to be around and about

the preemptive interview (apparently Marko arranged the interview and supplied the questions to the journalist) was not needed after all it seems,

or shall we say, the preemptive interview worked in the sense it drew attention and got higher management to resolve it fast before it blew up like the other ones did
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 03:43 PM   #710
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

And Horner is out. Thai shareholder concerned about mounting backlash from women's groups in the US

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 03:47 PM   #711
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
And Horner is out. Thai shareholder concerned about mounting backlash from women's groups in the US
Where you reading that?

Edit:
Via Erik van Haren

RBR spokesperson has denied the reports from F1-Insider and Motorsport Total about Christian Horner's possible firing.

"As Christian has said, he is grateful for the full support of the shareholders and that remains the case."

Last edited by M3WC; 03-10-2024 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 04:23 PM   #712
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

“The main reason for dismissing Horner now anyway would be because the Irish rock band U2 is getting involved. This is because the brother of the woman at issue in the investigation is the brother-in-law of guitarist 'The Edge'. The band reportedly wants to release a song called: 'Don't be Horny, Be a Christian'. The band's pressure with this with their mega influence would have persuaded the Thai owner of Red Bull to fire Horner after all.”

lmao this story is so ridiculous, F1 drama is undefeated
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 04:44 PM   #713
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
“The main reason for dismissing Horner now anyway would be because the Irish rock band U2 is getting involved. This is because the brother of the woman at issue in the investigation is the brother-in-law of guitarist 'The Edge'. The band reportedly wants to release a song called: 'Don't be Horny, Be a Christian'. The band's pressure with this with their mega influence would have persuaded the Thai owner of Red Bull to fire Horner after all.”

It's hilarious because this doesn't solve anything at all.

It literally proves that it's a power struggle and has absolutely nothing to do with women and harassment.

The fact that her brother is the son in law of the bassist of U2 should tell you something.

Technically, if U2 came out with that song, it would be grounds to sue the band no?

either way, this shit has to stop, at this point fire everyone.

I don't want Christian Horner to be fired because this means, Jos wins.

I could care less about Marko.

I hope if Horner does leave, RBR starts losing the next few races.
atopa2002204.00
      03-10-2024, 04:54 PM   #714
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

If CH really is starting to give everyone more pain and problems then maybe they are going to let him go, soon or maybe towards the end of the season. Have they done a deal to let him go later in the season or at the end, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I bet many of the corporate sponsors are being quite vocal behind the scenes, performance on the track is one thing, pain off it and reputational damage is something else entirely.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 04:57 PM   #715
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
If CH really is starting to give everyone more pain and problems then maybe they are going to let him go, soon or maybe towards the end of the season. Have they done a deal to let him go later in the season or at the end, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I bet many of the corporate sponsors are being quite vocal behind the scenes, performance on the track is one thing, pain off it and reputational damage is something else entirely.
TBH end of the season is fine.

Friendship with RBR ended, Alonso and Aston Martin is now my friend

The way RBR dealt with all this shit really made me ick away from them, it's too political.
      03-10-2024, 05:00 PM   #716
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post

really? U2 now involved? and that will change the mind of Thai owner? I don't think Thai person is worried about US women's rights groups.

but an Irish band changing the mind of a Thai billionaire? that i have yet to see!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 05:01 PM   #717
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
firstly i don't think Thai people are worried about what US people think but I could be wrong. (i grew up in that part of the world, they don't hold high regard for foreigners)

wait - when did US women's rights groups get involved in all this? i thought in the US biological women have no rights, all the rights, awards, medals, go to non biological women!

don't get me wrong, i do think the way the woman has been treated was not right. used like a piece of meat by warring factions. i said i think she should be paid more than a million dollars.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 05:34 PM   #718
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Where you reading that?

Edit:
Via Erik van Haren

RBR spokesperson has denied the reports from F1-Insider and Motorsport Total about Christian Horner's possible firing.

"As Christian has said, he is grateful for the full support of the shareholders and that remains the case."
Ya. We'll see
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 05:41 PM   #719
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ya. We'll see
OK, is that from a Dutch journalist?

Sorry i had to go to f1 dot com to look up the dates

22 March, that's a lot of time.

We've gone from Horner out, to Jos out, to Max out, to PA out, to Marko out, now we're back at Horner out.

All I want is Liam Lawson.
Appreciate 3
      03-10-2024, 05:54 PM   #720
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

I've just read that Horner's mother's day tribute to Ginger Spice caused a fiery backlash

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world-news/3...well-backfires
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 06:02 PM   #721
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
I've just read that Horner's mother's day tribute to Ginger Spice caused a fiery backlash

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world-news/3...well-backfires
LOL. Oh man. I can't imagine what living in the Horner household has been like.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 06:07 PM   #722
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Why is Red Bull worried about the US and women’s rights, money and rivals. Monster Energy is making a big push for the female energy drinks market and whilst the market is increasing so is more competition.

Brand are won and lost on PR, not racing in F1, handle this badly and the brand suffers and with it so do potential sales. Gone is the look at use extreme sports let’s go to space and your left with a stale brand that isn’t moving with the times. That would hurt then, so better to remove the wound and repair (behind CH in RBR ) and they can move past this and back to cool and relevant.

It’s a fickle market and much of the press this weekend isn’t on CH it’s on the damage to Red Bull brand, so could he be gone, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is.
Appreciate 1
Bongoxxx805.50
      03-10-2024, 07:49 PM   #723
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Why is Red Bull worried about the US and women’s rights, money and rivals. Monster Energy is making a big push for the female energy drinks market and whilst the market is increasing so is more competition.

Brand are won and lost on PR, not racing in F1, handle this badly and the brand suffers and with it so do potential sales. Gone is the look at use extreme sports let’s go to space and your left with a stale brand that isn’t moving with the times. That would hurt then, so better to remove the wound and repair (behind CH in RBR ) and they can move past this and back to cool and relevant.

It’s a fickle market and much of the press this weekend isn’t on CH it’s on the damage to Red Bull brand, so could he be gone, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is.
The issue is, removing Horner will not fix the issue, you fall to the demands of people, and then they find something else.

There's a reason why you have the "we do not negotiate with terrorists"

Whatever the case is, I'm expecting Horner to be gone in the next week, and RBR to fall by the end of the season.

Imagine being TP for 20 years, and your career ending due to BS politics, Max will be the last WDC for RBR, and Newey will probably join Ferrari when Horner is gone.
      03-10-2024, 08:00 PM   #724
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
The issue is, removing Horner will not fix the issue, you fall to the demands of people, and then they find something else.

There's a reason why you have the "we do not negotiate with terrorists"

Whatever the case is, I'm expecting Horner to be gone in the next week, and RBR to fall by the end of the season.

Imagine being TP for 20 years, and your career ending due to BS politics, Max will be the last WDC for RBR, and Newey will probably join Ferrari when Horner is gone.
I dont think Newey will leave RB. He is still under contract and working on the RB17 hypercar which won't be done until 2026 I believe. I think he enjoys working with Max too as Max is one of maybe 2 drivers on the grid (Lec being the other) with the talent to drive what Newey gives him to the absolute max (no pun intended).

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 03-10-2024 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 09:17 PM   #725
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
I dont think Newey will leave RB. He is still under contract and working on the RB17 hypercar which won't be done until 2026 I believe. I think he enjoys working with Max too as Max is one of maybe 2 drivers on the grid (Lec being the other) with the talent to drive what Newey gives him to the absolute max (no pun intended).
He will.

Horner was the one who allowed Newey freedom to do anything he pleases, which is why he stayed in RBR for so long (he was working on his boats until 2021)

You put a new TP in there that nobody knows, and I'm sure the guy will start tightening the belt.

Remember, Newey says he regrets not working with Hamilton and Ferrari.
      03-10-2024, 11:35 PM   #726
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Agree, Newey is in too deep with RB and RB17 program. That is his baby right now and it is far from finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
He will.

Horner was the one who allowed Newey freedom to do anything he pleases, which is why he stayed in RBR for so long (he was working on his boats until 2021)

You put a new TP in there that nobody knows, and I'm sure the guy will start tightening the belt.

Remember, Newey says he regrets not working with Hamilton and Ferrari.
Watch Leclerc end up beating Lewis like Rosberg did.
Appreciate 0